I have 16 years experience writing ColdFusion run websites for a variety of clients, using versions 4.5 through to 9. On almost all sites I have been using MS SQL Server as the database (v6.5 and 2000), but have also used MS Access on very low-use pages. I've also used the open source Railo ColdFusion server for some personal projects.
I've used ColdFusion to create the following systems:
- Content Management Systems (CMS) so clients can easily update their own websites
- Database search, including job search for recruitment companies
- Private client and website user sections for storing files
- Web spider and automatic content processor
- Account sign-up
- RSS Feed creator
- Various Intranet items including:
- Contact Manager for sales staff
- Secure information areas allowing visitors access to certain content
- Staff Manager for handling website permissions
Some of the clients I've written software for in ColdFusion:
And my personal projects NewsMagpie and Saved Marks.